Saturday 16 May 2015

I send love to you Breda

I feel Breda is doing her best to fight something she believes in. Nevertheless I feel she lacks perspective on the real world we live in. As a child that grew up in a rather volatile family unit. With a mother and father that obviously we're not meant to be together, it gives you perspective on what we define as the correct environment for a child. When my parents broke up when I was 8 years of age, it felt like my world was being torn apart. Although not for the reason of losing my mum and dad unit. Far from it. The inbittered hatred and darkness continued for another 17 years later until the passing of my father when I was 25. In some ways a strain of that hurt and inability to forgive still resides within my mother.

This brings me great sadness. The same sadness I felt as a child. The lack of honest love and respect two humans can have for each other. I feel this learning, is the seed that grew inside me to make me realise the importance of communication, forgiveness and truth. The need everyone has to feel and give love. 

When I look at the world today I believe that the world we live in feels its pain because of a lack of love. The reason why people hurt each other is because they feel that hurt in them. A part of them is missing the love that is needed to heal those empty parts of themselves. This emptiness brings about great sadness in our world. It is our duty to recognise that this emptiness is our emptiness. It is our duty to take responsibility for looking at this emptiness and filling it with our own love, before taking it out on the world. 

So Breda, as much as I feel differently towards your campaign against preventing me from being treated more equally in my own society. I love you. I send you my love to help you understand that you need to look at your own emptiness and start filling it up. I had a lot of darkness inside me for many many years. And it hurt me greatly. It prevented me from being the best version of me. It stopped me from being a true light for this world and making it a better place. And of course there is still emptiness in me that needs to be filled and I will work on that. Gently applying love to make me more full. To making me more Sam. 

Let go of the fear Breda. There is no great agenda here to change our society in to a more hurtful or sad place. There is a society of people trying to bring about a world with more love for all. A world where we can learn to love ourselves and then love others. A place that is more safe for all the children. A place where we can be united as one. Together. 

No comments: